The European Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA) promotes Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) Telecom 2016 funding opportunities to help European public administrations and business in different Member States to adopt or make the transition to the new european electronic invoicing standard EN 16931.
Directive 2014/55/EU (on electronic invoicing in public procurement) lays the groundwork for the creation of this new norm (European Standard EN 16931). It establishes common electronic invoicing standards in Europe (based on pre-existing standards) and thus facilitates the massive use of electronic invoicing in the public sector. The Directive sets November 2018 as the deadline for the adoption of this standard by the different Member States.
The new standard aims to ensure interoperability of electronic invoices by defining three related aspects: the content of invoices (the semantics), the format or language to be used (the syntax) and the method of delivery.
The objective of SMeTOOLS project is to support SMEs in the different consortium countries (Spain, Italy and Belgium) in the implementation of the new European standard. Given the degree of maturity of the adoption of electronic invoicing in these countries (which already have standards such as facturae, e-FFF or factturaPA), a solution will be deployed in the B2B Router application to the new European standard. In addition, open source libraries will be provided to help adapt existing systems that already have some of the current standards in use.
- Implement the new European electronic invoice standard and the necessary adaptations for the consortium countries in the B2BRouter online application.
- Provide training and technical workshops to promote the new standard and related infrastructure (eInvoicing DSI which includes components, available tools and invoice delivery methods).
- Provide an open source library to help companies (who want to automate their business processes) to integrate with the new standard and related infrastructure (eInvoicing DSI) through service providers.
- Promote the use of the new standard and related infrastructure (eInvoicing DSI) in B2B scenarios.
- Promote cross-border electronic invoicing through events, workshops and seminars.
- Provide a support service for SMEs in the use of the new european electronic invoice standard.